Pet Herbal Remedies
Alicia Veterinary Clinic Offers Pet Herbal Remedies
Our veterinarian in Laguna Niguel is determined to provide you with the best services when it comes to pet care; we've extended our services to include traditional Chinese medicine herbs that are safe for pets. We feel that high quality pet nutrition and wellness needs to be at the core for every animal we treat. Being involved in alternative healing allows our animals to have the necessary reduced inflammation for every ailment that crosses their path.
Alicia Veterinary Clinic offers herbs safe for pets, and it is with our leaning towards traditional Chinese medicine that we've been able to successfully help so many pets in the Laguna Niguel area. Our veterinarian, Dr. Christina Haney, is an expert in pet nutrition and derives each healing modality of care from her Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine training. During each consultation, she counsels guardians on the need to provide essential pet herbal remedies to coincide with the acupuncture services we offer, and to be of more benefit to the animal's body during the healing process.
Herbs safe for pets
Our Laguna Niguel clinic recommends the following herbs alongside quality nutrition and daily exercise habits:
- Aloe vera - The medicinal healing properties of this herb is one of the best. Any animal that suffers from burns, stomach ulcers, or minor scrapes can benefit from the miraculous effects of aloe vera.
- Calendula flowers - Used to treat cuts, scrapes, and open wounds or sores.
- Ginger - One of the most significant herbs for nausea or any other upset stomach condition, your animal may experience.
- Goldenseal - A powerful antibiotic that helps with eye infections, and stomach, or bowel ailments.
- Milk thistle - An enhancer of proper liver function, milk thistle can be given if your animal is suffering repercussions from any medicine that affects the liver.
- Valerian - An aid to lowering blood pressure and calming anxiety.
- Chamomile - Helps with reducing hyperactivity in your animal and warding off pesky parasites that want to cling to their bodies.
Each of the pet herbal remedies can be found in capsule or tincture form. Remember that a little goes a long way. When our veterinarian recommends specific herbs to help whatever is ailing your pet, their guidelines are time-tested and reviewed to maximize the benefit.
Have questions? Contact us for further information.
Traditional Chinese medicine is gaining in popularity as an alternative treatment to prescription drugs that can ultimately harm an animal over a long period of time. It is our mission to educate, inform, and treat with compassion. Call us today and schedule your appointment.